AVID Power Tracker VI
The AVID Power Tracker VI is a portable, hand-held identity tag reader.
Its patented Multi-Mode technology enables it to read ID tags from different manufacturers. The Power Tracker VI can read AVID, FECAVA, TROVAN and ISO FDX-B coded radio frequency identification tags.
The ID code is displayed on the Power Tracker’s 16 character LCD and can be downloaded via RS-232 to a computer. Optional emulation software is available to provide an automatic interface between the reader and a computer.
In the operational mode, the Power Tracker emits two beep tones and visual LED flashes to signal that an identification tag has been read. When not in use, four beep tones sound every three minutes to warn the user that the unit is still on.
- Operating Frequency: 128 kHz
- Temperature Range: Operating = 32° to 122° F (0° to 50° C) / Storage = 4° to 158° F (-20° to 70° C)
- Power: One 8.4v NiMH rechargeable battery with charger, or optional AC adapter.
- Display: 16 Character Liquid Crystal Display
- Indicators: Audio beep/Visual LCD/Visual LED
- Tag Compatibility: AVID, FECAVA and ISO FDX-B and TROVAN coded ID tags, at 125kHz, 128kHz and 134.2kHz produced by multiple manufacturers
- Dimension: 21cm L x 15cm W x 9cm H
- Weight: 820 grams
How it works
The Power Tracker works by transmitting a low-frequency radion signal, which is received by the coil antenna of a compatible ID tag. This electromagnetic field powers the radio frequency identification tag.
In each ID tag there is an integrated circuit containing the identification code which instructs the coil antenna to draw a variable amount of power from the reader. The Power Tracker's sophisticated electronics measures the amount of power consumed by the tag then decodes these variations to re-construct and display the identification number.
The entire process takes less than 0.04 seconds.
Enquire / Order Now
For further information or to place an order, please call us or contact us via our contact form.